Colin served in WWII on operations as a Mosquito Bomber Pilot. Born in 1921 he joined the Royal Air Force towards the end of 1940. Following Pearl Harbour, he was retained by the American Army Air Corps as an advanced single-engine flying instructor responsible for training American and British Cadets.
On his return to the UK in 1943, he converted to twin-engine Mosquito Bombers and joined 608 Squadron (Pathfinder Group) based at Downham Market in Norfolk. During his tour of operations, he carried out 50 bombing raids over Germany.
He ended his full-time RAF service in 1946 carrying Diplomatic mail to Embassies situated in various parts of Europe and Africa. After the war, he qualified as a Chartered Surveyor. He was made a Freeman of the City of London on 13th January 1987 and of the District of Huntingdonshire on 17th August 2013.