Airspeeder Event - Friday 5 July
We would love to give you the opportunity to reserve a space for you to join an exciting world first showcase of flying car racing series, Airspeeder.
Spaces are limited to the first 10 GAC members who register their interest with Airspeeder at email@example.com
The Festival of Speed is host to Airspeeder’s only UK appearance in 2019. GAC members will be treated to a one-off demonstration of the flying cars directly from Founder & CEO Matt Pearson and the Airspeeder team.
Members in attendance will be the first in the world to witness a live flying duel of the Mk2 Speeders (controlled remotely) at Goodwood Aerodrome from 12pm. Our guests will get a taste of what's to come with the release of the Mk4, the manned Speeder which is currently undergoing safety tests ahead of launching the global Airspeeder championship in 2020.
While Uber is launching flying taxis, Airspeeder is releasing an entertainment sports league using turbo-charged electric vehicle technology. In line with traditional motorsports, Airspeeder’s racing format will be a battle of engineering and racing talent, albeit raced in airborne circuits!
- Airspeeder is a global flying car racing series. The inaugural championship will be held in 2020, with a series of Grand Prix races around the world. All vehicles in 2020 will be built by Alauda Aeronautics.
- 10 pilots will fly head to head in a circuit over the course of 30 minutes with two pit stops each.
- A Speeder uses a 500 kilowatt battery pack to provide power to 8 electric motors.
- The lightweight aluminium and carbon fibre chassis gives a loaded weight of 200kg (including the pilot).
- The flight control system provides extra safety measures, protecting the pilots by creating buffers between vehicles as they race head to head.
- A Speeder has greater power to weight ratio than an F1 car or a fighter jet, with speeds of up to 200 kph through the air.
- The Speeders are built in Sydney, Australia, while Airspeeder's events and partnership team are based in London.