If I had actually to part with my own hard-earned cash now on a car to transport my blended family of six about, this would be top of the list. Here’s why:
1. Entire centre console slides forward, to give you a better arm rest, or back, to reveal two cup holders and an extra tray. Either way, it has an illuminated, deep cubby hole. Never seen that before.
2) Five driving modes to choose from: Sport, Neutral, Comfort, Perso, Eco.
3) Ambient lighting strips change colour to match the driver mode
4) Large touchscreen with easy graphics for satnav, media, climate control and phone
5) Really smart “Dark Carbon” ribbed black textiles on the seats; will age well
6) Four USB ports
7) Fantastic new exterior styling; the best looking Renault we’ll get in the UK (we won’t get the Espace)
8) 53mpg without even trying, with six people in the car
9) Short overhangs front and rear make parking this 7-seater a doddle
10) It’s not a Ford, or a Kia, or a Peugeot, or a VW… it’s something a little different
11) Head-up colour display including distance alert
12) One-touch folding rear seats
13) Electrically adjustable, heated and folding door mirrors
14) Multi-position boot floor
15) All of this for £28,445. That’s unbelievable.