The terms and conditions set out in this section apply to all of the Sweepstakes operated by the Goodwood Group. Additional Terms and Conditions for each individual sweepstake are included in Section 2.
1. WHO IS PROMOTING/SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKE?
Goodwood Estate Company Limited is the promoter and sponsor of this Sweepstake (“Goodwood”) registered office: Goodwood, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 0PX. Registered in England, Registration No. 466176. You can contact Goodwood at the above address.
2. CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstake if you meet the following requirements:
• You are a legal resident of the United Kingdom [and you are 18 years or older at the time of entry,
• You are NOT an employee or immediate family of an employee of any of the companies in the
Goodwood Group; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstake.
3. RULES ABOUT ENTRY
Only one entry per person per Sweepstake is allowed. Sweepstake entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Sweepstake Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules.
4. HOW ARE WINNERS SELECTED AND NOTIFIED?
Within two days of the Closing Date we, or a company acting under our authorisation, in the presence of an independent adjudicator, will conduct one or more random drawings (depending on the terms of the
particular draw) from all eligible entries received from entrants whose place of residence is within the UK.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, used at time of entry within two (2) days following the random drawing. If our notification is returned as undeliverable, or we are unable to reach you for any reason, we may randomly select an alternate winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorised account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstake.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release before the prize can be fulfilled. If you are a potential winner and you are under the age of 18, we
may require that your parent / legal guardian sign a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If you, (or your parent/legal guardian if applicable), do not sign and return these required forms within the time period stated on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you (or the designated parent/legal guardian) and randomly select an alternative winner.
5. RULES ABOUT PRIZES
Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Goodwood reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time. Prizes are awarded at Goodwood’s discretion and no prizes will
be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
6. WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKE?
By entering this Sweepstake you agree:
• To abide by the Rules;
• To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Goodwood and its respective advertising and promotional agencies and Sweepstake judging organization, the parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, assigns and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage of any kind or disappointment arising from or in connection with this Sweepstake or any prize won save with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from Goodwood’s negligence and with respect to claims resulting from fraud or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law;
• That Goodwood’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstake;
• That by accepting a prize, Goodwood may use your personal data online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstake, without payment or compensation to you. The 2 declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release provided to the potential winner will make reference to obtaining your free consent to use your personal data.
• That you may be requested to take part in promotional activity and that your personal data, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of you may be used in any publicity.
• That your personal data may be used by Goodwood for future marketing activities and from time to time you may be sent relevant information relating to the activities they undertake.
7. WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKE IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to this Sweepstake, the decision of Goodwood shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. These terms and conditions, the conduct of this promotion and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement.
8. WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKE CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and /or integrity of this Sweepstake, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstake. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstake, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstake.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstake by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstake, so please play fairly.
9. DATA PROTECTION
Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without permission. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third parties without the individual’s prior consent
10. CHANGING THESE TERMS
Goodwood reserves the right to cancel or amend the Sweepstake, or the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within these Rules. A copy of the Terms and Conditions
may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Sweepstake Terms & Conditions, The Marketing Department, Goodwood Road Racing Company Ltd, Goodwood House, Goodwood, Chichester,
West Sussex PO18 0PX.3
Section Two – Terms and Conditions Applicable to the Win a Pair of Revival Tickets Sweepstake:
The terms and conditions set out in this section apply to the Win 2 (Two) Tickets to Goodwood Revival on Sunday 14 September Sweepstake. Additional Terms and Conditions applicable to all prize draws are
included in Section 1.
This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstake” throughout the rest of these Rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Goodwood Road Racing Company Limited, the sponsor of the
Sweepstake. “You,” “yourself” refers to an eligible Sweepstake entrant.
1. WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstake starts at 12:00 hrs Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Tuesday 26 August 2014 and closes at 13:00 hrs Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Friday 5 September 2014 (“Closing Date”).
2. HOW DO I ENTER?
You can enter online by completing the entry form on the Goodwood Road & Racing website.
3. WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
There are 3 (three) prizes available that will be awarded to 3 (three) winners consisting of the following:
• 2 (two) tickets to Goodwood Revival on Sunday 14 September.
If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
If you are selected as a potential winner:
1. You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services.
2. You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner via the same random
prize draw method outlined in section 1.
3. If you accept a prize, you will be responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize, if any.
4. And are a minor (being under the age of 18) we may award, at our sole discretion, your prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf.
4. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
To receive a list of winners send a request via postal mail to Goodwood Revival Sweepstake, The Marketing Department, Goodwood Road Racing Company Ltd, Goodwood House, Goodwood, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO18 0PX, UK