Goodwood Racecourse is committed to creating as “normal” a race day experience as possible but a lot of what makes Goodwood great is through the interaction and personalities of having you, our guests back on course. Like you, we really want to get back to “normal”, while at the same time recognising that there are some sensible things that we can all do to help ensure that the spread of COVID is restricted.
The following points reflect the measures we are keeping in place until further notice in order to manage your expectations as to what to expect on race day:
1) The information of the lead booker for each booking will still be made available to NHS Test & Trace, should it be required; this includes name / address/ phone number / email. As the Lead Booker, we
request that you take personal responsibility for passing on all our relevant communications to all members of your party, especially in relation to this COVID Safety Statement, so everyone's expectations are managed.
2) If you are using public transport, we encourage you to wear a facemask on board public transport at all times and to touch as few surfaces as possible.
3) There is no requirement for Lateral Flow Testing or COVID certification to gain entrance but we do encourage regular Lateral Flow Testing as good practice. Being double jabbed is the best protective measure you can give yourself.
4) We are now able to operate all internal and external areas at normal capacities. Compared to what we have all been used to, things will seem busy. For example bars will be crowded once again with people stood drinking as opposed to sat at tables only, ques will form and concourses will be busy.
5) Please be mindful of how alcohol relaxes the senses and may lower your guard to the risks of COVID; some “freedom” is here at last but please be mindful of the risks.
6) We will continue with the use of QR codes, displayed at entry points to internal public areas. Good practice is to continue to scan the QR code using your NHS TEST & Trace App – this is for your own protection.
7) All staff will wear masks for internal areas. You too are encouraged to wear a mask for internal areas. Staff will not wear masks for outdoor areas unless in close proximity situations e.g. gate staff.
8) Hand Sanitisers will be readily available throughout all areas; please use them regularly. We also highly recommend you bring your own personal supply of hand sanitiser.
9) We are maintaining additional cleaning regimes throughout the racecourse. Please also assist us as much as possible by placing your own litter in the bins provided.
10) Indoor areas will be ventilated as much as possible and at times you may feel this is not to your liking. Please understand that this is designed to mitigate the transfer of the virus for indoor spaces.
11) We will continue to have public messaging encouraging us all to maintain vigilance around the venue in relation to COVID.
12) Perhaps the most important thing you can do to reduce the risk to yourself and to those around you, is to conduct a personal risk assessment in relation to attending race day. If you feel unwell in any
way, please take a zero risk approach and do not attend. If any of the above information makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, please do not attend.