- Three legendary IndyCar Series drivers will attend Goodwood Revival later this year.
- Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti and Jimmie Johnson will all take to the Goodwood Motor Circuit over the weekend.
- Goodwood Revival takes place Friday 16 - Sunday 18 September.
Ahead of this weekend’s Indianapolis 500, Goodwood is delighted to announce that not one, not two, but three IndyCar icons will attend this year’s Revival (Thursday 16 - Sunday 18 September).
The trio of record-breaking racers will take to the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit and race in the two-part St Mary’s Trophy for VIPs and owners, as well as the blue riband Royal Automobile Club TT on Sunday afternoon. The three drivers confirmed to join us at the Revival are:
- New Zealand's Scott Dixon, who has won the IndyCar Series an incredible six times, and sits third on the all-time race winners list behind AJ Foyt and Mario Andretti.
- Four-time IndyCar Series champion (2007, 2009. 2010 and 2011) and three-time winner of the Indy 500, Dario Franchitti.
- NASCAR superstar Jimmie Johnson who between 2006 and 2016 won the title seven times, equalling the record of Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt. Having retired from NASCAR in 2020, this weekend will see him compete in his first Indy 500 race since joining the IndyCar Series.
The Duke of Richmond said: “It’s a privilege to be joined by some of the most renowned and successful IndyCar drivers at this year's Revival. I am so delighted that Scott, Dario and Jimmie will be joining us this autumn and we are all looking forward to the incredible spectacle these legends of motorsport will bring to the event.”
*Press release updated Monday 1st August 2022.
Notes to Editors:
Goodwood Revival, Friday 16 - Sunday 18 September.
Tickets and packages
Tickets start from £64 and are now limited for the Goodwood Revival, with Saturday tickets sold out. Tickets can be purchased at goodwood.com or by calling the Ticket Office on +44 (0)1243 755055.
For an extra special Revival experience, hospitality packages are also available and can be organised by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1243 755054.
Our Ticket Guarantee means that if Goodwood is required to cancel an event based on latest UK Government advice, you will have the flexibility to transfer your booking or apply for credit.
Media accreditation for the Goodwood Revival is now open. Make your application here.
For more information about the Goodwood Revival and our other motorsport events, please contact Katharine Morgan, Motorsport & Automotive Press Officer: Katharine.Morgan@goodwood.com
For all other press enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagery and news from Goodwood are available from our Press & Media site.
Stay up to date with all future announcements and on-event action across our social channels:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
About the Goodwood Revival
The Goodwood Revival is the world’s greatest historic motor race meeting, and the only sporting event of its kind to be staged entirely in a period theme. More than just an unrivalled weekend of historic racing, it is an immersive celebration of a less disposable world, where “make do and mend” was a way of life rather than a casual slogan.
The Revival is, at its heart, a celebration of craftsmanship and sustainability, from an age when possessions were made to last and be cherished. It promotes a thoroughly modern ethos – to “reduce, reuse, repair, restore and recycle” – in the most authentic way possible. All the cars are original, having been lovingly maintained since new, many of the outfits have been handed down through generations, and even the retailers specialise in pre-owned artefacts – everything from clothes and accessories to automobilia and books.
It is, proudly, the world’s biggest and most glamorous second-hand event.