- Runway 14/32 has been taken out of service until further notice.
- Runways 10/28 and 06/24 are both now available.
- As part of the runway improvement work, some new Perfo number designators and markings have been installed.
- The width of all the runways has been standardised to 30m, and by reducing the width of runway 14/32 the obstacle profile has been revised and allowed us to make improvements to runway declared distances.
- New signage is in place and particular attention should be paid to holding points C and D.
- Runway 10/28 has been reopened and has been reduced in length to 700m to avoid any overlap with runway 14.
- The subsidiary runway 14L/32R is withdrawn from use permanently.
For circuit patterns and noise preferential routings please click here. Helicopter training areas are available in the ‘Triangle’, the VOR Field and Northern Side Grass at the discretion of Air Traffic.
To preserve the new surfaces of the runways, touch and go's will only be permitted at the discretion of Air Traffic and is dependent on a robust inspection of the runway surface. To avoid damaging the new grass, we would ask that hard braking is avoided and when taxiing slow, shallow turns are executed instead of small radius turns.
There is currently no lighting provision on any of the runways, however, a new lighting system will be installed in the future.
Updated information will be issued by AIP Amendment and any changes will be promulgated by NOTAM. Please ring Air Traffic Services if you have further enquiries on 01243 755061.