Our recipe for March pulls on a firm favourite, Roasted Pork Belly. Paired with all the trimmings, this is perfect for a Sunday roast with all the family.
MAR 27th 2018
Roasted Pork Belly
- Half a belly of pork (bones removed)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Lay the pork belly skin-side down and rub the thyme, rosemary, garlic and salt into the meat.
2. Leave in a fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
3. Roll the pork belly up like a Swiss roll with the skin facing out. Once rolled, tie with cooking twine or string.
4. Rub the skin all over with salt and place in a roasting tray.
5. Place the pork belly into a pre-heated oven at 250 degrees Celsius. Cook for 20 mins, then turn the oven down to 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Roast the meat for 90 minutes, until the internal pork belly reaches a temperature of 75 degrees Celcius.
7. Once cooked, remove the pork belly from the oven and leave to rest for 30 minutes before carving.