

For the last two years, 5,800 bales have been recylced into the biomass energy centre to be used for energy generation


Sir Stirling Moss was one of the founding patrons of the Festival of Speed, and a regular competitor at the Revival.


Aubigny, Methuen, Torbolton and Darnley are the four teams that compete for the House Shield.


The first ever horsebox was used from Goodwood to Doncaster for the 1836 St. Leger. Elis arrived fresh and easily won his owner a £12k bet.




King Edward VII (who came almost every year) famously dubbed Glorious Goodwood “a garden party with racing tacked on”.




...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?


Testament to the 19th-century fascination with ancient Egypt and decorative opulence. The room is richly detailed with gilded cartouches, sphinxes, birds and crocodiles.


Inspired by the legendary racer, Masten Gregory, who famously leapt from the cockpit of his car before impact when approaching Woodcote Corner in 1959.



Estate milk was once transformed into ice-creams, bombes, and syllabubs, and the Georgian ice house still stands in the grounds in front of Goodwood House.











Early Revivals saw the likes of Stirling Moss and Jack Brabham return to competitive racing.






A huge variety of glassware is available for each wine, all labelled by grape type to give the best flavour profile.


Easy boy! The charismatic Farnham Flyer loved to celebrate every win with a pint of beer. His Boxer dog, Grogger, did too and had a tendancy to steal sips straight from the glass.



The Hill Start Line is marked by bricks taken from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.


Sir Stirling Moss was one of the founding patrons of the Festival of Speed, and a regular competitor at the Revival.




Where wondrous innovation and future technology is placed in the palm of your hand.


Goodwood’s pigs are a mix of two rare breeds (Gloucester Old Spots and Saddlebacks) plus the Large White Boar.


FOS Favourite Mad Mike Whiddett can be caught melting tyres in his incredible collection of cars (and trucks) up the hillclimb


Goodwood Motor Circuit was officially opened in September 1948 when Freddie March, the 9th Duke and renowned amateur racer, tore around the track in a Bristol 400


Leading women of business, sport, fashion and media, take part in one of the most exciting horseracing events in the world.


King Edward VII turned his back on the traditional morning suit and donned a linen suit and Panama hat. Thus the Glorious Goodwood trend was born.


King Edward VII (who came almost every year) famously dubbed Glorious Goodwood “a garden party with racing tacked on”.










King Edward VII turned his back on the traditional morning suit and donned a linen suit and Panama hat. Thus the Glorious Goodwood trend was born.



The first ever horsebox was used from Goodwood to Doncaster for the 1836 St. Leger. Elis arrived fresh and easily won his owner a £12k bet.


Leading women of business, sport, fashion and media, take part in one of the most exciting horseracing events in the world.


King Edward VII (who came almost every year) famously dubbed Glorious Goodwood “a garden party with racing tacked on”.


The Fiat S76 or "Beast of Turin" is a Goodwood favourite and can usually be heard before it is seen at #FOS


The Motor Circuit was known as RAF Westhampnett, active from 1940 to 1946 as a Battle of Britain station.


The first ever round of golf played at Goodwood was in 1914 when the 6th Duke of Richmond opened the course on the Downs above Goodwood House.


The famous fighter ace, who flew his last sortie from Goodwood Aerodrome, formerly RAF Westhampnett has a statue in his honor within the airfield.


The Gordon Tartan has been worn by the Dukes and Duchesses over the last 300 years.






...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?


One of the greatest golfers of all time, James Braid designed Goodwood’s iconic Downland course, opened in 1914.


The first ever round of golf played at Goodwood was in 1914 when the 6th Duke of Richmond opened the course on the Downs above Goodwood House.




The first ever round of golf played at Goodwood was in 1914 when the 6th Duke of Richmond opened the course on the Downs above Goodwood House.


The famous fighter ace, who flew his last sortie from Goodwood Aerodrome, formerly RAF Westhampnett has a statue in his honor within the airfield.





Ray Hanna famously flew straight down Goodwood’s pit straight below the height of the grandstands at the first Revival in 1998


...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?


...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?



...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?



We have been host to many incredible film crews using Goodwood as a backdrop for shows like Downton Abbey, Hollywood Blockbusters like Venom: let there be Carnage and the Man from U.N.C.L.E.


"En la rose je fleurie" or "Like the rose, I flourish" is part of the Richmond coat of Arms and motto









King Edward VII turned his back on the traditional morning suit and donned a linen suit and Panama hat. Thus the Glorious Goodwood trend was born.


One of the greatest golfers of all time, James Braid designed Goodwood’s iconic Downland course, opened in 1914.






As the private clubhouse for all of the Estate’s sporting and social members, it offers personal service and a relaxed atmosphere


Goodwood’s pigs are a mix of two rare breeds (Gloucester Old Spots and Saddlebacks) plus the Large White Boar.



Inspired by the legendary racer, Masten Gregory, who famously leapt from the cockpit of his car before impact when approaching Woodcote Corner in 1959.


Inspired by the legendary racer, Masten Gregory, who famously leapt from the cockpit of his car before impact when approaching Woodcote Corner in 1959.


The famous fighter ace, who flew his last sortie from Goodwood Aerodrome, formerly RAF Westhampnett has a statue in his honor within the airfield.


Goodwood’s pigs are a mix of two rare breeds (Gloucester Old Spots and Saddlebacks) plus the Large White Boar.


The first thing ever dropped at Goodwood was a cuddly elephant which landed in 1932 just as the 9th Duke of Richmonds passion for flying was taking off.


A 20m woodland rue, from Halnaker to Lavant, was planted by our forestry teams & volunteers, featuring native species like oak, beech, & hornbeam


The iconic spitfire covered almost 43,000 kilometres and visited over 20 countries on its epic journey and currently resides at our Aerodrome.


Our gin uses wild-grown botanicals sourced from the estate, and is distilled with mineral water naturally chalk-filtered through the South Downs.
Supporting Hounds For Heroes
If you have an owner with a Goodwood Club membership and you are of discerning nature, then a Kennels' Dog Membership is a must.
The Kennels Dog Membership at Goodwood elevates your dog's day out to something special. Designed for four-legged companions of members, it offers access to stylish clubhouse spaces, thoughtful touches like personalised bowls and treats and a truly welcoming, dog-friendly atmosphere in the heart of the estate.
Hounds for Heroes started out as the dream of one man. Allen Parton, a Royal Navy veteran of the first Gulf War suffered physical and mental trauma whilst on duty. The arrival of an assistance dog called Endal transformed his life and that of his family. Every dog membership helps support Hounds for Heroes through a donation.

Set within The Goodwood Estate, The Kennels is a relaxed private members' clubhouse offering stylish dining, cosy spaces and a welcoming atmosphere.
Handsomely built, in pale, straw-coloured brick with flint facings, The Kennels at Goodwood were built for the hounds of the Charlton Hunt. This was one of the earliest foxhunts in England, founded in the neighbouring village of Charlton in 1675.
The 1st Duke of Richmond acquired the modest old house at Goodwood in 1697 in order to carry on hunting with what was now the most fashionable and aristocratic hunt in England, patronised by countless members of the nobility, as well as by local landowners and enthusiasts.


