The Markel Magnolia Cup
The most prestigious all women's charity race run in the UK
Applications to ride in 2023 are closed, however, we are delighted to announce that you can now apply for the 2024 Markel Magnolia Cup.
Twelve inspirational women race down Goodwood Racecourse's home straight in a flash of vibrant colour with their beautiful, bespoke silks
In 2022 a phenomenal new fundraising milestone was reached when over £317,000 was raised for UK charity The Brilliant Breakfast.
Magnolia Cup Tickets & Packages
Save 15% on your day at Qatar Goodwood Festival with one of our admissions packages. From just £46 per person, our fabulous packages include admission, a food voucher that can be used against any of our food offerings, and either a drinks voucher or bottle of Gusbourne Sparkling Wine.
The opening race of Friday 4 August
This renowned charity event sees riders who are the leading women of business, sport, fashion and media, take part in one of the most exciting horseracing events in the world.
Each year riders are selected to take part from all walks of life, none are professional jockeys - but their resilience and determination has helped change the perceptions of women in sport.
Celebrating our 2023 riders
- Caroline Miller - 72-year-old, racing enthusiast and supporter of rehoming of racehorses
- Dr. Laura Toogood – Digital expert, businesswoman, media commentator and author
- Eliza McCalmont – Work rider for George Scott
- Emma Russell – Jewellery Designer
- Lyn Comerford – Director of Strategy and Operation at Markel
- Maryam Al Jaber - State Lawyer in Qatar and the first Qatari female trainer of Camels
- Milica Dusanovic – Civil Servant and Naval Reserve Officer
- Olivia Bowen – Television Personality
- Olivia Kennedy – Owner of cleaning business, single mother and member of Cool Ridings
- Roya Nikkhah – Royal Editor for The Sunday Times, journalist and broadcaster
- Saffron Oliver – E-commerce and development for family business Tayto Crisps
Markel’s new three-year Magnolia Cup partnership
Exclusive ownership and naming rights of the prestigious horse race on day four will be held by Markel through to 2023.
As an official partner of the Qatar Goodwood Festival, Markel, the global insurer, aims to raise awareness of its commitment to creating a more diverse and inclusive organisation and build upon its long-standing promise to support the communities it serves.
Donating to Education Above All
The Education Above All (EAA) Foundation is a global foundation established in 2012 by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. Education Above All aims to transform lives through education.
Education Above All believe that education is the single most effective means of reducing poverty, creating peaceful and just societies, unlocking the full potential of every child and youth.
'Glorious' at a glance
Day One - Tue 1 August
The start of Qatar Goodwood Festival week
Day Two - Wed 2 August
The 'Duel of the Downs' takes centre stage
Day three - Thu 3 August
Ladies' day is the place to be and be seen
Day Four - Fri 4 August
Memorable races and L'Ormarins Best Dressed
Day Five - Sat 5 August
A fitting finale with the Coral Stewards' Cup
Horse Sponsors of 2023 Magnolia Cup
Annoushka, BGC Partners, C. Lewis & Company, Harbourdale Capital, Harrods L'Ormarins Queen's Plate, RenaissanceRe, Tania Slowe and Paddy Walker, The John Booth Charitable Foundation, The Materna Foundation, The White Company.