

For safety reasons F1 cars can no longer do official timed runs so instead perform stunning demonstrations!


When the 9th Duke won the Double Twelve at Brooklands in 1931 he never drove without it throughout his successful driving career.


Aubigny, Methuen, Torbolton and Darnley are the four teams that compete for the House Shield.


Leading women of business, sport, fashion and media, take part in one of the most exciting horseracing events in the world.




King Edward VII (who came almost every year) famously dubbed Glorious Goodwood “a garden party with racing tacked on”.




...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?


Goodwood’s pigs are a mix of two rare breeds (Gloucester Old Spots and Saddlebacks) plus the Large White Boar.


Whoa Simon! A horse so determined and headstrong, he not only won the 1883 Goodwood Cup by 20 lengths, but couldn't be stopped and carried on running over the top of Trundle hill



Estate milk was once transformed into ice-creams, bombes, and syllabubs, and the Georgian ice house still stands in the grounds in front of Goodwood House.











The first thing ever dropped at Goodwood was a cuddly elephant which landed in 1932 just as the 9th Duke of Richmonds passion for flying was taking off.






The dining room is host to an original painting from the Goodwood collection of the 6th Duke as a child.


Our gin uses wild-grown botanicals sourced from the estate, and is distilled with mineral water naturally chalk-filtered through the South Downs.



FOS Favourite Mad Mike Whiddett can be caught melting tyres in his incredible collection of cars (and trucks) up the hillclimb


Sir Stirling Moss was one of the founding patrons of the Festival of Speed, and a regular competitor at the Revival.


The early Members' Meetings were held for BARC Members, there were 71 between 1949 and 1966.


For the last two years, 5,800 bales have been recylced into the biomass energy centre to be used for energy generation


The Fiat S76 or "Beast of Turin" is a Goodwood favourite and can usually be heard before it is seen at #FOS


Goodwood Motor Circuit was officially opened in September 1948 when Freddie March, the 9th Duke and renowned amateur racer, tore around the track in a Bristol 400




King Edward VII turned his back on the traditional morning suit and donned a linen suit and Panama hat. Thus the Glorious Goodwood trend was born.


King Edward VII (who came almost every year) famously dubbed Glorious Goodwood “a garden party with racing tacked on”.


Whoa Simon! A horse so determined and headstrong, he not only won the 1883 Goodwood Cup by 20 lengths, but couldn't be stopped and carried on running over the top of Trundle hill










King Edward VII turned his back on the traditional morning suit and donned a linen suit and Panama hat. Thus the Glorious Goodwood trend was born.



King Edward VII turned his back on the traditional morning suit and donned a linen suit and Panama hat. Thus the Glorious Goodwood trend was born.


King Edward VII (who came almost every year) famously dubbed Glorious Goodwood “a garden party with racing tacked on”.


Leading women of business, sport, fashion and media, take part in one of the most exciting horseracing events in the world.


Our replica of the famous motor show showcases the "cars of the future" in true Revival style


The famous fighter ace, who flew his last sortie from Goodwood Aerodrome, formerly RAF Westhampnett has a statue in his honor within the airfield.




Flying training began at Goodwood in 1940 when pilots were taught operational flying techniques in Hurricanes and Spitfires.


The first thing ever dropped at Goodwood was a cuddly elephant which landed in 1932 just as the 9th Duke of Richmonds passion for flying was taking off.




Flying training began at Goodwood in 1940 when pilots were taught operational flying techniques in Hurricanes and Spitfires.


...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?




One of the greatest golfers of all time, James Braid designed Goodwood’s iconic Downland course, opened in 1914.


The first ever round of golf played at Goodwood was in 1914 when the 6th Duke of Richmond opened the course on the Downs above Goodwood House.




The famous fighter ace, who flew his last sortie from Goodwood Aerodrome, formerly RAF Westhampnett has a statue in his honor within the airfield.


Flying training began at Goodwood in 1940 when pilots were taught operational flying techniques in Hurricanes and Spitfires.



The first thing ever dropped at Goodwood was a cuddly elephant which landed in 1932 just as the 9th Duke of Richmonds passion for flying was taking off.


...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?


...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?



...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?



...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?


The replica of the original Axminster carpet is so lavish that the President of Bulgaria came to visit it before its departure!


Ensure you take a little time out together to pause and take in the celebration of all the hard work you put in.


...plan strategy in an ancient woodland, enjoy award-winning dining then drive around a racetrack?




After the first public race meeting in 1902, 'Glorious Goodwood' became a highlight of the summer season.


The first ever round of golf played at Goodwood was in 1914 when the 6th Duke of Richmond opened the course on the Downs above Goodwood House.


The famous fighter ace, who flew his last sortie from Goodwood Aerodrome, formerly RAF Westhampnett has a statue in his honor within the airfield.






Easy boy! The charismatic Farnham Flyer loved to celebrate every win with a pint of beer. His Boxer dog, Grogger, did too and had a tendancy to steal sips straight from the glass.



A 20m woodland rue, from Halnaker to Lavant, was planted by our forestry teams & volunteers, featuring native species like oak, beech, & hornbeam


The iconic spitfire covered almost 43,000 kilometres and visited over 20 countries on its epic journey and currently resides at our Aerodrome.


Just beyond Goodwood House along the Hillclimb, the 2nd Dukes banqueting house was also known as "one of the finest rooms in England" (George Vertue 1747).




A 20m woodland rue, from Halnaker to Lavant, was planted by our forestry teams & volunteers, featuring native species like oak, beech, & hornbeam


Built in 1787 by celebrated architect James Wyatt to house the third Duke of Richmond’s prized fox hounds, The Kennels was known as one of the most luxurious dog houses in the world!


The oldest existing rules for the game were drawn up for a match between the 2nd Duke and a neighbour


"En la rose je fleurie" or "Like the rose, I flourish" is part of the Richmond coat of Arms and motto
As we move through the spring months, we’re very proud of The Park Course which, coupled with some excellent feedback from members, is playing very well following the recent greens maintenance.

We have recently extended the cut of the aprons, allowing for some new run off areas to be brought into play. Some examples of these can be seen in the below photos. It will take a few more weeks, ideally with some rain, to help bed these in to the existing aprons ensuring the same consistency, however we’re confident the end result will be great.
Green maintenance took place in March, more information on this can be read in our greenkeeper blog by our Head Greenkeeper, Simon Berry. We can say that following maintenance green speeds have maintained between 9.0 and 9.6 with trueness averaging at 90%, this is above average for greens only three weeks on from spring maintenance.
We have seven cedar trees on The Park Course. These cedar trees originate from natural habitat in Lebanon. Due to historical conflict in Lebanon in which the locals feared the trees would be damaged and ultimately lost, the cedar seed was then transported to Edinburgh Botanic Society, where they were planted and grown until they were two feet tall. Goodwood then purchased these trees, before transferring and planting them on the parkland to continue growing.
The Park Course was originally a deer park; deer are incessant grazers and would lift the woodland canopy. Today, the greenkeepers raise the canopies under the trees on the courses to promote better light and airflow to the woodland floor helping to grow the bluebell population.
The course was designed by Donald Steel, when it was originally designed the course was heavily tree lined, however a storm in 1987 wiped out several trees. Elm disease also wiped out several trees, one area in particular being the back of the 8th green, where trees have recently been replanted which includes two trees that were donated by South Downs National Park.
The Park Course has also played host to several professional tour events, including a EuroPro Tour event which was broadcast on Sky Sports.

Take a look through the below photos of various holes on The Park Course to see if you can guess all of the holes. For the answers, please see either of our golf receptions.