Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 0PX
4th June 2019
Women's Golf Day
Complimentary lessons and 9-hole competition on The Park
The day is an international initiative that celebrates those already playing while also encouraging women new to the sport to give it a go.
Complimentary golf lessons
Enjoy complimentary one-hour women-only ‘Get into Golf’ group sessions in a relaxed, friendly and informal environment. These, fun interactive sessions will offer the perfect opportunity to socialise with like-minded women while learning the fundamental skills of the game.
There is no dress code, and all equipment will is provided. Sessions are available for women new to the game.
Enjoy a 9-hole competition on The Park
Women are invited to enjoy a complimentary 9-hole greensomes competition on The Park Course. All players should enter as a pair. This event is open to Members and those in our Get into Golf programme.
Learning skills that last a life time
Golf can be a very social and enjoyable sport. Our 'Get into Golf' group-beginner courses are an ideal way to get started. Learning with others is fun and you will enjoy support and motivation from the instructor and other participants. Golf At Goodwood offers low-cost five-week women-only ‘Get into Golf’ courses.
Why should you play golf?
- An 18-hole game of golf will see you take more than 10,000 steps, walk 4-5 miles, and easily achieve the 150 minutes of regular exercise recommended by the NHS.
- Golf is an excellent way to improve muscle tone and endurance.
- When you master a new challenge like golf it can help you gain a sense of achievement, purpose and confidence and can boost your wellbeing.
- You can burn up to 900 calories whilst playing a round of 18 holes, helping you to lose weight and body fat.
- Golf, along with yoga, gardening and running, have proved the best forms of exercise for encouraging good quality sleep according to recent studies.
- Golf is a great way to meet new people and spend quality time with friends or family.
- Golf helps you set targets and achieve them, which will create positive feelings of accomplishment.